ATMOSPHERIC EMISSIONS LIMITS
PENALTIES FOR EXCESSIVE EMISSIONS? TAKE CONTROL OF THE SITUATION WITH US!
Protect your business and the environment: request information now, monitors dust emissions into the atmosphere of your system and avoid receiving penalties related to exceeding the limits
01. Did you know that…
You may face fines if:
- YOU VIOL emission limit values
- DO NOT COMMUNICATE emission data to the competent authority
- DO NOT ADOPT all necessary measures to avoid even a temporary increase in emissions
02. Legislative Decree 152/2006 – Environmental standards
PART FIVE: STANDARDS ON THE PROTECTION OF THE AIR AND THE REDUCTION OF EMISSIONS INTO THE ATMOSPHERE. TITLE I: PREVENTION AND LIMITATION OF EMISSIONS INTO THE ATMOSPHERE OF INSTALLATIONS AND ACTIVITIES.
ART. 279 (Sanctions)
1. Whoever starts to install or operates a plant and whoever carries out an activity without the prescribed authorization or continues the operation of the plant or activity with the authorization expired, lapsed, suspended, revoked or after the closing order of the establishment or cessation of the activity is punished with imprisonment from two months to two years or a fine ranging from two hundred and fifty-eight to one thousand and thirty-two euros. Anyone who subjects a plant to substantial modification without the authorization provided for by article 269, paragraph 8, is punished with imprisonment of up to six months or a fine of up to one thousand and thirty-two euros; whoever submits a plant to a non-substantial modification without making the communication required by the aforementioned article 269, paragraph 8, is punished with a fine of up to one thousand euros.
2. Who, in the exercise of a plant or an activity, violates the emission limit values o the requirements established by the authorization, by Annex I to the fifth part of this decree, by the plans and programs or by the legislation referred to in article 271 or the requirements otherwise imposed by the competent authority pursuant to this title is punished with arrest of up to one year or with a fine of up to one thousand and thirty-two euros.
3. Anyone who puts a plant into operation or begins to carry out an activity without having given the prior communication required pursuant to article 269, paragraph 5 or paragraph 15, or pursuant to article 272, paragraph 1, is punished with arrest of up to one year or a fine of up to one thousand and thirty-two euros.
4. Anyone who fails to report emissions data to the competent authority pursuant to article 269, paragraph 5, he is punished with imprisonment of up to six months or with a fine of up to one thousand and thirty-two euros.
5. In the cases envisaged by paragraph 2, the penalty of imprisonment of up to one year is always applied if exceeding the emission limit values also determines the exceeding the air quality limit values required by current legislation.
6. Whoever, in the cases provided for by article 281, paragraph 1, does not take all necessary measures to avoid even a temporary increase in emissions is punished with imprisonment of up to one year or a fine of up to one thousand and thirty-two euros.
7. For the violation of the provisions of article 276, in the event that the same is not subject to the sanctions provided for by paragraphs 1 to 6, and for the violation of the provisions of article 277, an administrative fine ranging from fifteen thousand four hundred and ninety-three euros to one hundred and fifty-four thousand nine hundred and thirty-seven euros is applied EUR. In accordance with articles 17 and following of the law of 24 November 1981, n. 689, the region or the different authority indicated by the regional law. The suspension of existing authorizations is always ordered in case of recidivism.